Just came across this article about the city of Milwaukee turning foreclosed homes into artist’s havens. Yes!
Wow – there are lots of people on Mr. Money Mustache who are interested in community! The Happy City
This group of women in England has done what I’m talking about:
Some new resources from the Meet-up group on 10/17/16:
- http://affordablehousingonline.com/ – lists affordable rental housing over U.S. According to Holly, many of the units have waiting lists of 5-7 years. My thought is, apply to 4 or 5 every year, and stagger the applications!
- http://open-communities.org/ – located in Winnetka, promotes inclusive communities that are welcoming for all
- The Center of Concern: http://www.centerofconcern.org – has a home sharing program, senior support services, medicare counseling, in-home health care referrals. Located in Park Ridge IL
- http://www.newcommunityvision.coop/ – homesharing organization in Chicago
- http://lincolnparkvillage.org/ – part of the Village movement, located in Chicago
- Google Boomer Women roommates/ shared housing
- Get a power of attorney: North shore Senior Center – Five Wishes
To contact us about contracting to provide the EngAGE program in your senior apartment community, please contact:
Tim Carpenter, Executive Director
Phone: (818) 563-9750
The art of creative aging http://www.engagedaging.org/
Fellowship for Intentional Community http://www.ic.org/